Official: Electrical tape caused fire in South Glens Falls | Local

SOUTH GLENS FALLS — An electrical power strip was the cause of a fire that severely damaged a two-family home in South Glens Falls on Sunday evening.

Firefighters from South Glens Falls, Bay Ridge, West Glens Falls, Fort Edward and Hudson Falls responded to 156 Main Street to report a structural fire.

Saratoga County Fire Coordinator Ed Tremblay said the tape burned into the second-story kitchen and spread to the rest of the structure.

“Everything fell on the first floor, where they found stuff,” he said.

It took about an hour and a half to bring the fire under control as there was a lot of interior space. In addition, there was a lot of furniture, which is associated with an adjoining business.

Tremblay believes the structure is a total loss.

The property is owned by George Moss.

The business, George’s Haul It All, was the subject of village complaints in 2015. Village officials said Moss was violating a cease and desist order by selling items from the storefront next to his house without proper permit.

People also read…

Moss salvages furniture from properties that have been foreclosed or whose owners have died.

Village officials also said Moss picked up trash in his yard.